Monday, August 8, 2011

Circling the Drain

Oiy.

I have not been doing well.

Actually, that is an understatement. I have, in fact, fallen off the wagon. Then, the wagon backed up and ran over me. A lot.

I have no excuse save for being an idiot and, really, what kind of excuse is that?

Luckily, despite the copious amounts of crap that I have been ingesting on a reglar basis, my weight is hovering at 136-137. This is due to the fact that I haven't completely given up on excercise, no doubt. Or, because I managed to develop enough muscle to require additional calories, whichever.

The fact is: I need to pull my shit together and kick sugar back out on the curb. I have no doubt that it is the return to a sugar-laden diet that has caused this backslide. Sugar is the devil.

Sugar makes me sluggish. It makes me tired. It's causing pain in my joints, particularly my big toe joint on my right side and, after the whole plantar facscitis deabcle; I'm kind of protective of my right foot. Obviously, sugar has to go.

Too bad that is easier said than done.

Still, I'm back in the saddle, on the wagon, in the groove, whatever. Starting today, I am rededicating myself to tracking Weight Watchers Points religiously, to avoiding sugar and processed foods, and to daily excercise, no matter how hot it is outside.

My short-term goal is to lose the six pounds that I have gained since hitting my most recent low of 131 pounds and my long-term goal is to finally reach 119. Hopefully by Christmas.

So, yeah...wagons ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment