Thursday, July 14, 2011

Little Things Can Make a Huge Difference

I went running yesterday in a pair of new shoes and the experience was...less than pleasant. The shoes, a pair of Saucony runners, aren't brand new, I've had them for at least a year; this was just the first time that I wore them for more than a few minutes and, perhaps more importantly, outside.

Previously, I had worn them to walk on the treadmill at the gym and, while it's been a while ago, I don't remember them presenting any sort of problem. Yesterday, on my three mile outdoor walk, however, they presented plenty.

The major problem was the heel of the left shoe; it felt like a plastic knife being pressed into my heel and I did not like it. I manged to complete the walk/run but; I'll think twice about wearing those shoes again.

On the bright side, I was outside, exercising and enjoying nature, despite wanting to cut my left foot off and; that is an improvement over many days last week. And, the week before.

In diet news, I have two good days under my belt and am hoping for a third. Part of this new resolve has to do with the lessening of PMS related symptoms; my cravings for sugar and carbs has diminished and my energy levels have improved.

As an aside, PMS and my new/old shoes have a lot in common; they both annoy the shit out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment