Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Excuses. Just a Lot of Bitching and Moaning

Okaaay....I have completely abandoned any semblance of a healthy existence in favor of crappy junk food, naps on the couch and copious amounts of Bailey's in my coffee. I would lie and say that I have no idea whatsoever as to why I am behaving this way but; I think we can all agree that it boils down to my being extremely lazy.

In my defense, my kids' schedules are kicking my ass all over the place. In the past month I have thrown a birthday party, gone on a mad hunt for matching pink sweatbands for The Teenager's entire volleyball team, gone dress shopping with The Teenager (which, resulted in complete dismay at the whorish nature of Homecoming dresses being produced for the general public), attended approximately eight billion football and volleyball games, practices, parent meetings, planning sessions, etc., engaged in a search for shoes to match The Teenager's Homecoming dress (a search that left me exhausted and weeping into my Irish Coffee but, ultimately, proved successful), somehow managed to keep mostly caught up with my work at the store, all while keeping a fairly clean house, clean laundry for each member of my household and my sanity basically intact.

The fact that exercising and eating healthy meals sort of got squeezed out in in the process fails to shock me.

I am going to try to do better once things calm down a bit around here which, will be happening by the end of the month, when the regular seasons for volleyball and football end. Granted, I still have to get through the Homecoming dance, Hugh's annual neighborhood haunted house, Parent/Teacher's conferences, the winterization of my garden and flower beds, the stress involved in some of my volunteer work and about a million unforeseen chores, responsibilities, etc., but; I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, wait; that's just the Holiday Train coming to squash what's left of my will to live.

Goddamnit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment