Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010-The Year of the Sloth. 2011-The Year of the Gazelle

Not pregnant. Just fat.

So, yeah, 2010 kicked my fat ass. I have no excuse save for the fact that I am lazy. Oh, and apparently deeply unhappy with my life. Ok, not really but, certainly with some aspects of my life and, not just the fact that my ass looms larger than ever before.

Work is a major downer. Stressor. Irritant. Fat-and-lazy-making-depressive-time-suck-of-doom. But, since there isn't much that I can do about that, short of winning the lottery (probably not realistic); I'm going to have to suck it up and take back control of the rest of my day.

Step one: Better diet in 2011. Not Go on a DIET, just, eat a better diet. This means eating breakfast again, every day. It means drinking more water and less Diet Pepsi.

Step two: Move my ass. I don't have to train for a marathon, I just need to commit myself to doing some form of exercise every day. I've done it before and I've both failed and succeeded. The success came from doing exercises I enjoyed. The failure came from pushing myself into injury because I wasn't paying attention to my body when it was clearly telling me to taper off. I won't make that mistake again.

Step three: Adjust my attitude. As I've said, I can't control the suckitude that is my day job. I CAN focus on the fact that the sucky job allows me time with my kids. Time to attend their many functions and time that I can use to work out. It's entirely possible that the suckiness may just evaporate with an attitude adjustment (just to be on the safe side, however; I won't stop playing the lottery anytime soon).

Step four: Do the things I love. This includes spending more time with the people who make me happy and that means making time to see The Girls. Miles between us shouldn't prevent us from connecting and I vow to see each of them at least once this year, more often if at all possible.

So, yeah, 2010 can kiss my ass. 2011 will be my bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment