Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Danger Zone

I have entered the portion of the program wherein I become bored with tracking calories (or, Points, in this case), bored with my workouts, frustrated with the slow pace of my weight loss and generally dissatisfied with my efforts in general.

I know this about myself yet it happens every time I try to get healthy.

I'm fighting the urge to give up. I'm allowing myself to eat more of my discretionary Points (something I haven't done consistently since starting the program), I'm changing up my exercise routine by taking a new trail when I walk (a trail that includes a grueling hike up a goat trail and I like it), by incorporating sprint bursts every quarter mile or so and by adding a Pilates DVD to my revolving line-up.

I haven't done Pilates in over a year-probably closer to two-and I'm dreading the initial lack of muscle endurance that I will inevitably face. Pilates is tough, yo.

But, I'm tougher and, frankly; I need to do this if I am to stick to anything resembling a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment