Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Frustration

Since gaining that pound last week, I have found it really difficult to get back into the mindset of healthy weight loss. I've had a couple of not-so-great diet days as well as a number of days without exercise. I'm not sure what my problem is but it's making me nervous about this week's weigh-in.

In an effort to reinvigorate my dedication, I started a new program yesterday; Pure Barre. At first glance, the workout seems fairly easy, there is no jumping around, no heavy cardio, no intense weight-work and, really, you hardly move from the same spot throughout the entire 45 minutes but; here is where looks can be deceiving. It was hard, yo. Small, isolated movements focused on deep muscle tissue is pretty damn effective, who knew?

Less than halfway through the program my legs were shaking so badly I didn't think they would be able to hold me up and, the ab work on the floor was nightmarish difficult, think Pilates on steroids.

Today, I am less sore than I would have expected but, it is early yet.

So, I'll revamp my diet, yet again. I'll make a dedicated effort to walk more often and I'll use the Purre Barre program in addition to the two other programs that I use most consistently and, with a little help from above, I'll turn the number on the scale back in the desired direction. Fingers and toes crossed.

Well, maybe not my toes; Purre Barre is HELL on ballet-virgin toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment