Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blowing the Dust Off

156

Well it's been forever since I updated this, and, by forever, I mean twenty pounds ago. Twenty pounds gained, I should clarify.

I could get angry and beat myself up about it, or, I could buckle down and do something about it, which; is exactly what I am doing. This won't be easy, and here's why:

Several things have changed in my life. I have a new day job. This isn't to say that I quit my old day job; I merely added the hours that I spent at that job to the end of my day. So, I am working a lot.

I also have the added stress of an economy that is trying to kill me. Or, to kill the business that accounts for half of the hours that I work. The stress has contributed to the weight gain, as well to a general feeling of unhappiness and dissatisfaction with my life; hence the second job.

Second job may be my saving grace, however, because; Second (really first since it's nine-to-five) Job, gives me a sense of financial security and I actually enjoy it, and, the people with whom I work. The workplace also has a firm wellness philosophy, which is helping me with my plan to lose the weight.

And, what is that plan? Weight Watchers Online. Counting every point. Making better food choices and drinking water.

I also just purchased an elliptical, and, assuming my husband ever gets off his ass and assembles it; I plan on using it for the majority of my cardio throughout the winter.

Anyway, I'm back at it, is what I mean to say. My goal weight is 125, long-range. In the short-term, I will take whatever weight loss I can get, hoping for one to two pounds a week.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment