Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Not Gonna Lie


Yesterday sucked. Or, more specifically, I sucked, yesterday.

And, it’s a shame because I was doing so well! I stayed on Points all day! I ate whole foods! Fruits! Vegetables! I exercised on the elliptical (ok, for 15 minutes, but, still!)! I drank water! I had less than one Diet Pepsi!

And, then…I blew it all on four fun-sized Baby Ruths.

I am now -1 Point FOR THE WEEK! I blew through 49 discretionary Points in like two seconds! And, I am traveling for work tomorrow so I won’t have those Points to fall back on.

This is really, really bad.

On the other hand, I tracked every one of those Points. I didn’t lie to myself by trying to say that; if I didn’t track them, they didn’t happen,  because, they did. I did it. I ate crap on an otherwise pretty awesome day.

I guess all I can do is learn from this. And, I will do better today. And, I will be super-diligent on my trip because, I have no choice. I have no Points to play with.

I hope, one day, I can look back at this and see it as a turning point; the day that I sucked it up and accepted responsibility and made some changes.

That’s the new goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment