Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On a Roll

I have used my elliptical machine every day since I got it. I'm up to a comfortable half-hour and have no doubt that I will be up to a full hour in no time.

Unfortunately, time is my enemy, as in, lack of it, I mean.

My daily schedule looks like this:

6:00 a.m.  Up, shower, prepare lunch, snacks, etc. Chug cup of half-caf while reading the news on the internet.

7:30 a.m.  Leave for work, swing through the bank drive-through to make hardware store deposit, arrive at work, settle in for the day.

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Work, work, work.

5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (depending on the day, sometimes it is an hour or so later)  Leave the day job and arrive at the hardware store for job two.

7:00 p.m.  Home, dinner prep (if I haven't started something in the crock-pot earlier in the day).

7:30 p.m.  Elliptical workout.

8:00 p.m.  Downtime. You know, unless there are things to do that cut into that downtime. Which happens, frequently, of course.

So, squeezing out thirty more minutes for additional elliptical time might require an earlier start to my day and some morning exercise. I am not totally against that, although, I haven't actually slept through the night peacefully since June, and, I kind of have a hard time getting motivated for anything more strenuous than a hot shower in the morning.

I'll figure something out.

On the diet front, I am doing really pretty well. I did cave to a wicked carb craving last night but not a lot of damage was done and I am not going to beat myself up over it. Besides, I heard Dr. Oz say that we should have a splurge day every third or fourth day to jump-start our metabolism and keep it from becoming accustomed to the lower calories, which, makes it slow down.

I have no idea if that is true but I am totally willing to use it as an excuse to eat Wheat Thins every once in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment