Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another Trip Under My Belt

We road-tripped to the city of my Alma Mater this weekend to attend The Teenager's final volleyball tournament of the season. While we were there, we stayed with my college roommate, Jules and, I'm quite proud to say; I never fell off the wagon.

Friday, before we left town to make the three-hour drive, I ate normally. When we arrived at Jules' house, she fed us a great hamburger dinner, including an awesome pasta salad that she had made. Because Jules has recently lost a good deal of weight, herself, I knew that our meals would be diet-friendly and, even that awesome pasta salad was low-cal.

Saturday, we had a busy day of games with plenty of opportunities to blow it big-time but, I stuck to fruits for snacking, a healthy turkey sandwich for lunch and, when Jules made lasagna for dinner, I was still well under my points for the day; I even got to indulge in a piece of garlic bread without breaking the points bank.

Today, I stayed on track with skinny lattes, fruit, a six inch turkey breast sub from Subway and a healthy dinner once we got home. Because I was off-line all weekend, I worried about tracking my points but, my fears were unfounded; I simply journaled my food and then entered the points once I got home.

I'm really starting to think that I can manage this program for the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment