Friday, April 22, 2011

Weigh-In

139

Oh look, Aunt Flo came to town and she brought along an extra pound! Yay!

Fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuck.

I don't get it. I know I didn't exercise as much as I have the past month but, I ate correctly. I didn't give in to the massive amount of temptation that I encountered and I denied my cravings even though they were extreme; how the hell could I have gained a pound?

The only possible explanations are water retention or muscle gain and, since we already covered the lack of exercise in my life; I think it's safe to say that the pound ain't muscle. So, I'll hang my hat on the water-retention theory, blame Aunt Flo and keep on doing what I'm doing albeit with much more exercise.

On the bright side, with Aunt Flo's visit has come the lessening of my appetite and the disappearance of the chocolate cravings. This is a good thing considering the holiday just around the corner. And? This way of thinking? It's actual  progress; not long ago I would have looked at a gain as an excuse to ditch the whole diet and I would snarf down the entire contents of the kids' Easter baskets without a second thought.

And, frankly, any form of progress at this point has to be noted and celebrated.

You know, since I gained a fucking pound this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment