Monday, April 11, 2011

You Know That Poster of the Cat Clinging to a Branch for Dear Life?

Today, I am that cat, clinging desperately to my diet while a yawning abyss of Little Debbie's snack cakes looms beneath me.

Well, actually, I am more afraid of a loaf of bread right now than I am of the Little Debbie's but, give me five minutes and the craving will swing back to them, I guarantee it.

So, so frustrating. On the bright side, I haven't given in to any of my cravings yet. On the not-so-bright side, I am thisclose to falling into a coma as I type this, so low is my energy level and so tired am I.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and blame PMS, given that this is the week of the month voted Most Likely To Kick My Diet's Ass.

Also, I'm not going to run away from the cravings, I'm going to acknowledge them and then stand up to them by bravely telling them that they won't get the best of me. Yes, that loaf of fresh bread, hot from the oven, dripping with melted butter and smelling like the best afternoons of my childhood (miss you, Grandma Molly!) may be tempting but; I'm stronger than that! And, yes, the season for Cadbury Cream Eggs lasts but a moment and then the succulent chocolate goodness disappears for a whole 'nother year but, deep breath, I can live without the egg. I can! I will!

And, I'll keep telling myself that while I hang here, clinging to this branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment