Saturday, September 18, 2010

Diagnosis: Exercise Induced Tourette’s Syndrome

Yep, we have entered that portion of the program. I knew it was coming so, it’s not like it’s any surprise but, still; I doubt other people enjoy hearing me involuntarily curse out loud when I do something as simple as getting out of my car at the Walmarts (always be sure to tack an s onto the end if you want to sound klassy).

Granted, I wouldn’t have the Tourette’s if it weren’t for the fact that I have been so good about sticking to my exercise routine so, I really can’t complain and, stick to it I have; I haven’t missed a day’s workout since Tuesday (four whole days! Someone give me a medal!). I’ve been really good about watching what I eat as well.
While I would love to say that I am confident that I have turned a corner in my wellness style, I don’t believe that is entirely accurate as, in the past, I have managed to do well on this quest during the week of Aunt Flo’s monthly visitation; I’m sure it has to do with hormone surges or something.
So, next week and the two weeks after it will pose the largest challenge to my dedication to this new way of living; I hope I will be up to the challenge.
In the meanwhile, it shouldn’t take too long for the Tourette’s to abate; I just have to continue to work out and to stretch well following the exercise. Hot baths don’t hurt and I’ve heard that red wine is helpful in reducing muscular inflammation.
Too bad wine is my gateway drug to overindulgence shitfuckdamn!

No comments:

Post a Comment