Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's Going to Take Time, It's Going to Take Time, It's Going to...

Yesterday was a total bust as far as exercise goes; I spent the entire day running from errand to meeting to errand to appointment to errand with no time in between. Fortunately, my diet was in no way derailed by the clusterfuck that was my day and, I need to remind myself that maintaining a healthy diet is 80% of this battle; the exercise snafu won't send me spiraling downward to binge oblivion as long as I continue to focus on my sucesses rather than on my failures.

Besides, today, I am back on track with the exercise program, increasing my workout from 30 minutes to 47 by starting Phase 2 of the Slim in 6 program. I managed to do every rep of every exercise with the exception of one; front squat with a side lift, of which I wussed out and skipped two or three. Nothing fatal and, my muscles are fatigued in a very good way.

Tomorrow, I intend to do Phase 2 again and I have vowed to stay away from the pizza and cupcakes that we will be serving at the Man-Cub's birthday party. I have no reason to believe that I can't do it, given that I have managed to stay faithful to this program for eleven, count 'em, eleven whole days.

I'll take to the podium for my medal, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment