Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Body Is No Longer Amused

I have reached the part in my exercise program wherein my body cocks one eyebrow at me and says, "Seriously? We are still doing this?" before staging a coup by throwing some random-and painful-irritant at me. Currently, that would be a pain in my right big toe.

Now, thanks to a visit to the nice podiatrist a couple of years ago, I am fully aware that I have a bone spur growing on the top of said big toe. And, I realize that some forms of exercise are bound to aggravate the spur but, come on! I'm doing so well, don't try to screw with me, now, foot. Just, don't.

So, I am going to take a couple of Tylenol and ignore the pain and, since it didn't stop me from doing my workout this morning (did it early, knowing that, with my parents visiting, the Man-Cub's football game and a night of cookie decorating for his birthday tomorrow, I wouldn't have a chance to do it at my regular time this afternoon. DEDICATION!), I am going to assume that it won't derail me on down the line.

Should it attempt to do so, however, I have also threatened it with a sternly worded lecture about the ready availability of foot surgeons in our area; I'll cut the bitch.

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment