Thursday, September 16, 2010

This Does Not Bode Well

Day three of Torture by Fitness started off on an ominous note; I discovered that two of my favorite sports bras have not weathered our separation well, not well at all. By which I mean, I went to my dresser, dug deeeeep into the back of the drawer and unearthed the bras for the first time in, um…well, in long enough for the elastic in them to disintegrate to dust.

I’m not even kidding; they crunched when I lifted them from the drawer. They crunched! The elastic was so brittle; it had crumbled to dust inside the binding.
Now, most people would see that as a sign, stuff the bras back in the drawer and head to the kitchen for a nice warm brownie sundae and, please don’t think for one second that I didn’t entertain that idea, myself.
Instead, I rifled through another drawer until I found the running bra that I was using most recently and my workout went on as planned.
No need to applaud, although I got through the workout and managed to eat well all day, the vision of that warm brownie sundae danced in my head the entire time. I’m only human, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment