Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner

I seriously teared up this morning while watching a YouTube clip of last night’s Dancing With the Stars, you know the one, the one where Jennifer Grey channels her inner Patrick Swayze and does him PROUD.
Seriously, I teared up. She just looked so graceful and lovely and, my god, people, she’s fifty. Fifty! I want to look like that when I’m fifty, hell; I want to look like that now, um minus the obvious plastic surgery, of course.
But, really, I would love to have a dancer’s body, all long, lean and limber. A lot of the exercises I do right now are concentrated on building up my muscle mass, particularly in my legs, ass, thighs and abs but; I think regular Pilates and yoga practice will help to lengthen those muscles so they don’t become bulky. At least, that’s what I’m hoping for.
Pilates, though? That shit is tough. I was doing it pretty regularly a while back with a trainer who is really good at it and my core was never stronger. Obviously, that is no longer the case and it will take months to build back up to that level of strength however, since I’ve arrived at the obvious conclusion that this little project of mine is going to take at least a year, I have time. I just have to get started.
Now I have an inspirational clip to watch on the days when I just don’t feel like doing that and, I have Baby to thank for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment