Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hurts So Good

As predicted, yesterday was a much better day. For whatever reason, I let Aunt Flo catch me off guard and, after making her acquaintance almost thirty years ago, you would think I would know better. Anyway, now that I am back to tracking my calories and exercise, I will also track my PMS symptoms and, with any luck, once I lose some weight and balance out my diet, the symptoms will abate. At least, that’s what has happened in the past when I was eating right and exercising consistently.
On the topic of exercise, yesterday I managed to get through the first phase in the Slim in 6 series, which is the DVD program that I used to lose all the weight the last time.
Phase one lasts 27 minutes and includes squats, front and back lunges, plies, push-ups and ab work with a bit of cardio thrown in for good measure and, while I managed to get through it; I could feel my legs tightening up and knew that I would be one hurting unit, today.
So, when I was done with Slim in 6, I went for a 3 mile walk/slow jog around the park while the Man-Cub practiced football. The walk helped to stretch my leg muscles and, I’m quite pleased to report that, while I am sore today, I have not entered the Exercise-Induced Tourette’s Syndrome portion of the program; no need to involuntarily curse every time I attempt to sit on the toilet, shift from sitting to standing or to walk up or down the stairs.
That’s progress.
Granted, today I will revisit Phase One and tomorrow could be a completely different story.
On the diet front, yesterday was also a success; I managed to hit my calorie goal and I made good choices, just like Jamie Lee Curtis urged Lindsey Lohan to do in that movie the two of them did together some time back and, yes, that is what my feeble little brain stem thinks of every time I hear that phrase so, while my choices in food were good yesterday, my choices in entertainment have not always been so notable.
I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment