Monday, September 20, 2010

Sure, On The Surface, This Looks Promising

Today was weigh-in day and I’m down six pounds to 146.4. I would throw a little party to celebrate such a momentous achievement were it not for the fact that I don’t think that number on the scale is an accurate indicator of weight loss. I say that because, when I weighed myself last Monday, I was on the very cusp of a visit from Aunt Flo and, I’m always at my thinnest weight during the week of my period. Common sense tells me that the inflated number on last week’s scale was a result of water retention the likes of which would make a sea cow envious and not an actual indicator of my weight.

So, today’s number is probably closer to what my weight most accurately is during the other three weeks of the month, ergo, I have lost no weight.
Rats.
But, Chelle, you say; you stuck to a healthy diet and exercised regularly, surely that counts for something! But, not really for, you see, another interesting quirk of Mother Nature’s is to endow me with dedication, determination and willpower for one week a month, during which I just happen to be surfing the Crimson Tide. The next three weeks will be an exercise in frustration, temptation and sloth. I know the pattern.
On the other hand, knowing one’s enemy is the first step in beating him, right? And, half the battle is won by merely showing up. With that in mind, I’m going to make a concerted effort to stick to the program this week, a week that will be especially challenging given that my parents will be visiting for a few days, the Man-Cub’s birthday party will be held on Sunday and I no longer have the Get Off My Ass And Exercise hormone surging through my system.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment