Monday, September 13, 2010

Ok, So Preliminary Estimates of My Weight May Have Been a Leeetle Optimistic

152.4. Wow. I haven’t weighed this much since I was nine and a half months pregnant with The Teenager. I’m….not very happy about this; at least back then I was incubating a human fetus, right now I'm just incubating frustration and dismay.

So, yeah, the recent decision to get my shit together was a timely one, at the rate I’m going currently, I will outweigh my husband by Christmas and…I can’t have that. I just can’t.

That having been said, its day one; so far I have eaten a healthy breakfast of Greek yogurt and blueberries, had an apple for a snack and a pre-portioned microwaveable meal from Lean Cuisine for lunch which, I realize, isn’t the best option but certainly makes calorie-counting easier and, for right now, easier is best.

After work this evening, I plan to take a brisk walk around the park while the Man-Cub practices with his football team and, later, to eat a healthy dinner consisting of homemade minestrone and a big green salad.

With any luck, I will keep sugar cravings at bay but, if not, I plan to ignore them while sipping iced tea in a hot bath, a trick that I picked up the last time I dieted successfully.

Oh, and I need to stop calling this a diet and start training my brain to think of it as a lifestyle, because, that’s what all the books say to do. We’ll see how that goes.

Anyway, onward and downward, referring, of course, to the number on the scale.
 
152.4. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment