Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well, That Went Better Than Expected

I managed to remain faithful to my diet and exercise program for the entirety of my parent’s visit. Not only that but, I turned my parents on to a couple of healthy dishes that I prepared for our dinners which, since my dad’s recent heart attack, is a very good thing.
The dishes were a chicken, corn and black bean burrito filling and turkey chili, both of which I made in the Crockpot so that we would have a hot meal waiting for us after The Teenager’s volleyball game on Tuesday and the Man-Cub’s football game last night. I can’t say enough good things about the Crockpot; it has become a lifesaver in staying the course on this new healthy eating plan.
So, the rest of the week I will face the challenge of the Man-Cub’s birthday cookies and cupcakes. I don’t foresee too much problem with either of these things but, the pizza served at the party at the amusement park could prove to be my downfall, although, maybe not; I am in an unusually Zen-like place with my diet, recently.
Of course, it is still early in my hormonal pattern; I look for the cravings to hit sometime next week. We'll see how well a simple Crockpot helps, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment