Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Die Sugar Cravings, Die! Die!

Second week of Weight Watchers, so far, so good.

First day of Lent and the elimination of chocolate in my diet (although, I haven't had chocolate in almost two weeks, truth be told), so far, so good.

The ability to stay away from the Devil Sugar for the long-term? Waiting to see.

On the bright side, I feel confident about the choices that I will make this weekend when we are out of town for The Teenager's volleyball tournament. I am taking my laptop so that I can continue to track my points online and so I can inform myself of the points value of restaurant foods and snacks which should help, considerably.

I'm also hoping that we will do quite a bit of walking during the weekend which isn't really much of a stretch given the massive size of the convention center at which the tournament is being held, it's location in Downtown Denver and the plethora of shops, activities, restaurants and theaters in the vicinity.

Also, I am going to pack a pair of tight jeans to wear when we eat out; hoping that the sensation of fabric digging into my belly will motivate me to stick to proper choices and I am going to pack a cooler full of sensible snacks and foods that I can eat in case of emergency; the emergency being the absence of anything suitable to eat in the restaurants we pick.

At the very least, I cannot fail due to poor planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment