Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Weekend of Nonfat Lattes and Fruit Cups

This weekend's trip to Denver marked the first time that I have road-tripped and not eaten like a glutton. Well, maybe not the first time but certainly the first time in recent memory.

Friday, I made a point to eat well before leaving on our trip which made it fairly easy to stick to a healthy meal when we stopped for dinner (Chili's, guiltless grill, margarita grilled chicken with black beans and rice). And I didn't snack at all.

Saturday morning, we had to be to the convention center before 8:00 a.m. so, breakfast was a nonfat latte and a fruit cup, the first of many for the weekend. Lunch was half a bagel with a smear of peanut butter and dinner at Dave & Buster's could have been a bust but, I stuck to the cabo style chicken with steamed veggies and spicy rice, managing to stay well within my points for the day. Then, in the greatest triumph to date, I went to a movie and sipped on a diet coke, no popcorn, no candy, no crap.

Sunday morning, we met my parents and sister as well as Hugh's parents for brunch at Ihop. I had the light and fit 2x2x2. Later in the day I had another nonfat latte and some fruit to tide me over to dinner which was maple grilled chicken with broccoli and one Cheddar Bay biscuit at Red Lobster. The biscuit pushed me slightly over the ledge point-wise and I had to use a few of my weekly discretionary points but, I'm fairly certain I can recover them with exercise this week.

Yesterday, I splurged on a ham & Swiss panini, a nonfat latte and a fruit cup at The Corner Bakery but, with a six inch turkey sub for lunch and yogurt and fruit for dinner, I managed to stay under my points allowance.

All in all, I feel really good about my progress. Hopefully, the scale will agree with me and I will see another loss this week. At this point, I worry that a plateau would send me over the edge into the pit of junk food despair.

Hopefully that won't happen,

No comments:

Post a Comment