Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Can't Be Right


I had two slices of one of my favorite kinds of pizza for dinner tonight . A month ago, had you told me that Papa Murphy's Herb Chicken Mediterranean Delight pizza was an acceptable food to eat while on a diet, I would have asked you if you also had a bridge to sell me, a big one, in Arizona. As it is, two slices of the pizza came in at 9 points which is actually fewer points than that contained in several of my favorite recipes.

Intellectually, I know that the pizza fit into the plan. Emotionally, I still feel like it was cheating. I blame too many years of yo-yo dieting, calorie counting and food restriction for this weird duality.

Now, if I get on the scale tomorrow and my weight-loss has stalled, my emotional side might have to kick my intellects ass.

I really, really hope it doesn't come down to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment