Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well That Went Well

The HCG Diet? Is not for the wimpy or, you know, for people who actually believe that food is vital to the survival of mankind. Apparently, I am both wimpy and realistic and the HCG experiment was a giant FAIL.

Onward and upward, I say.

So, as of yesterday, I am a dues paying member of Weight Watchers Online. I am allowed 29 points a day and 49 discretionary points a week. Thus far (one day in, whoop, whoop) I am having no trouble adhering to the plan although I did suffer an excruciating headache last night, no doubt courtesy of my body's desire to survive on a consistent diet of chocolate, bacon and sea salt and vinegar chips; the cycle, it will be broken.

In actuality, the WW plan is quite similar to my do-it-yourself diet, the one that I have always had success with when I put my back into it as opposed to when I dally with it for a few weeks before abandoning it to heed the siren call of the Devil Chocolate.

My current plan of action, which is to prevent myself from dashing my diet ship against those rocks, will get an added boost next Wednesday when all good Catholics (and myself) enter the six week Lenten period. I generally give up chocolate and, each year, I do fine. For six weeks. Once Lent is over, I then dive head-first into the childrens' Easter baskets, hoovering every Cadbury Egg in sight. Not this time, though. This time I am regarding Lent as a device used to quit the Devil, cold turkey, after which I will simply regard chocolate as an alcoholic would vodka; totes off-limits, one day at a time, etc., etc.

Now, I'm off to the grocery to stock up on Tylenol for the withdrawal headache. I'm hoping one bottle should suffice. Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment