Sunday, March 27, 2011

So, How YOU Doin'?

With the first month of Weight Watchers under my belt I can honestly say; I'm pretty proud of myself. I've lost six pounds, fought off the dreaded PMS Monster, have more energy than I have had in a long time and I'm optimistic about the future of this endeavor.

That said, I think the best part of the whole deal was the lack of ugly symptoms surrounding the monthly cycle. I can do without the tenderness, irritability, bloating and fatigue permanently if that is a possibility. If not, I'll be thankful for the month that I dodged that bullet.

As far as the diet itself goes, well, it really doesn't feel like a diet at all. I've not been seriously tempted to "cheat", I'm never hungry and I'm enjoying the things that I am eating (fruit, anyone? Skinny lattes?).

This next week I am going to add more exercise to the program, mostly with toning exercises and light weight lifting and resistance band work. I'm somewhat concerned that I might cause the weight loss to slow down by doing so; if my body perceives itself to be starving, it will slow down to conserve fat. However, some studies show that the weight training revs the metabolism so, that might not happen. If I stick to cardio in the form of brisk walks like I have been taking, maybe I will be able to keep losing the weight at the rate that I am currently enjoying.

Speaking of which, if I do manage to continue at the current rate (fingers crossed, oh please,oh please, oh please), I should be at my goal weight in time for Operation Hottie by July to be a complete success. Of course, now that I have said that, Fate will smack me upside the head with a total stall.

I take it back, Universe! I take it back!

No comments:

Post a Comment