Wednesday, January 19, 2011

80/20

According to diet experts, that is the correct ratio to follow when eating a healthy diet; be angelic 80% of the time while enjoying a little bit of decadence the other 20%. Well, if the experts say it's true then it must be, right? So, I'm going to call two days of this week pardonable according to the 20% law.

In truth, upon reviewing my diet log, I have been angelic for more than 80% of the month thus far. Two days of gluttony (tempered with continued exercise!) will not derail my efforts. Also, PMS, if that's the best you have to throw at me; I'll beat you every time because, yesterday I was right back on track, cravings gone, energy levels restored and self-control back in my hands.

Indeed, I started week three of the C25K program and it went fine. I still suffer the terrible music and the catchy accent of the narrator but; the running part is going fine.

Today, I plan to do a full-body workout using the Slim in Six program, which I have on DVD and then I am getting a massage.

Dinner will be low fat slow cooked beef stroganoff and all will be right with the world.

Or, at least 80% right, at any rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment