Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Day, Now, With Less Donuts!

There is a lot to be said for the way that I am eating, recently, the most wonderful thing being the fact that I have managed to pop out of bed at the first sound of the alarm for the past two days. This is like, a record for me, recently.

Seriously, weight-gain aside; lethargy was the single worst side-effect of my past lifestyle. I am a morning person. I like to be up before the rest of my household and, the early morning hours are when I do some of my best thinking, really; I'd not met a problem that I couldn't solve during lightest level of sleep, usually three minutes before the alarm went off. Until, the past few months, that is.

The past few months, a cannon wouldn't get me out of bed before every other member of my family and problem solving went straight out the window which led to a downward spiral of depression, angst and self-loathing and; I totally blame my crap-ass diet.

And the laziness that kept me from the gym, obviously.

Now, having put the Devil Sugar behind me for the past week, I am feeling the first shades of the person I used to be. I do have more energy. I don't feel defeated all the time. I can think more clearly and I am far more patient with my children and other innocent souls who cross my path. As Martha would say; this is a good thing.

Unfortunately, Aunt Flo is waiting around the corner, ready to ambush me with sugar cravings, fatigue and bloating and, while I'm relatively confident in my ability to ward her off with sheer determination alone, I'm still sort of dreading her arrival.

On the other hand, the old me always loved a challenge and, as I thought to myself while running on the treadmill the other day; the bitch is back.

This will just be her first real test. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment