Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another Decent Day in My Pocket

Yesterday went well. I ate a healthy diet, drank the required 12 glasses of water, limited my intake of Diet Pepsi and got a good night's rest.

This morning, I woke up earlier than I have been lately although; I'm still a far cry from bouncing out of bed at my preferred hour. Hopefully that will come with time and consistent dedication to my new healthy lifestyle. I hope so; I'm disappointed in myself when I have a hard time getting out of bed, showering and getting an early start on the day.

I'm still sore from Tuesday's run/walk and, not going to the gym to run  on the treadmill yesterday was an exercise in restraint but; I'm really serious about taking a day to rest in between running so as not to injure myself. As it stands, my hips are the most tender part of my anatomy, currently and; I'm pretty sure I will ruin them if I am not very careful.

With that said, I do want to do some form of exercise each day so, I'll be starting yoga, general workout, pilates and cardio DVDs on my off-running days. I also plan to focus on stretching and building up my balance.

So, here we go, Day Three. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment