Sunday, January 23, 2011

Me Thinks I May Have Spoken Too Soon

The boob tenderness is starting. It's nothing serious yet; not nearly to the point that it usually is by now but, I appear NOT to have dodged the bullet after all.

Willpower and control over my sugar cravings continue to be issues for me. Yesterday I gave in and indulged in a couple of chocolate chip cookies. In a twist on the usual program, salt cravings have joined the parade and I indulged those in an individual-sized bag of BBQ flavored Baked Lays. It could have been worse; I only went three hundred calories over my daily goal and, when I figure in the fact that there have been numerous days this month when I have fallen under the goal; I figure the calories just about average out.

And, I'm still working out. Friday I completed the full 47 minutes of Debbie Sieber's Slim in 6 DVD and, today, I plan to finish the third week of the C25K program. I'm also still drinking plenty of water and, in addition to sticking to the plan (for the most part), I have also managed to go two weeks in a row with daily showers (as opposed to taking a quick Whore's Bath and using dry-shampoo (which is the greatest invention, evah (parenthesis, inside parenthesis, someone call the grammar police!)!), and wearing something other than sweats and t-shirts.

I'm also cooking like recipes are going out of style, the past two weeks alone I have made:
-Italian pot pies
-Homemade elk and barley stew
-Beef stroganoff
-Turkey chili
-Asian soup (No-point recipe from Weight Watchers)
-Butternut squash soup
-Pasta fra Diavalo
-Chicken Fajitas
-Baked turkey breast with baked potatoes
-Chicken, corn and black bean burritos

All of which were delicious and all of which were made with low-fat, low cal recipes, fresh ingredients and a lot of love.

So, my goals for the New Year are being met, for the most part.

My goals for this week are to lose one pound, to continue to exercise, to eat well and to continue to show some pride in my appearance.

Doable, totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment