Friday, January 7, 2011

Weigh-In Day

148

I've seen worse. I've seen better but; I've seen worse.

Yesterday went well. I officially started the Couch to 5K program with the Week One podcast. The music....kinda sucks. I missed my Lady Gaga and those crazy kids from Glee ever so much. Note to self: Must Google better CT5K music, ASAP.

On the diet front, I managed to get in all my water, to eat well and to finish the day with a steaming cup of Sleepytime Vanilla tea. I slept quite well, not sure if that had anything to do with the tea or not.

Yesterday, I noticed a marked improvement in my feeling of general well-being. I didn't lack energy in the afternoon which has been a big problem for me of late. I also dodged the early-evening headache that I have become accustomed to having and, as I said, just felt better in general. I have to assume that had a lot to do with being off the Devil Sugar for three days, now; my goal is to stay away from the stuff as much as possible.

My other goals are fairly simple:

-Lose 30 pounds.
-Regain the strength and muscle definition that I had four years ago.
-Regain the balance and flexibility that I enjoyed back then.
-Continue to improve my skin, with the help of the lovely Serena, my aesthetician (whom I will be seeing later today).
-Get back into my beloved Seven For All Mankind jeans.

Do I think I can reach those goals? Today I do. I'm a bit leery of what will happen to my willpower and dedication as the monthly visit from Aunt Flo draws ever nearer but, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For today, I'm feeling the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment