Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby Steps

Yesterday was not my finest attempt at reclaiming the Goddess inside me. I failed to do any type of exercise whatsoever, ate in a most crappy fashion and fell into bed at 9:00, completely exhausted.

I did manage to drink plenty of water so, there's that? One goal out of many accomplished. Gah.

So, yes, the exhaustion thing. It's not like I don't get enough sleep yet; I wake up tired. Seriously, the first thing I think about when I open my eyes in the morning is when I can take a nap. This is not normal.

My younger sister was tested for thyroid issues a while back and was diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease which, if I understand it correctly, is an under-secretion of the thyroid gland. She has encouraged me to get tested but I would prefer to try the diet/fitness balance thing to see if it has the desired effect on my lethargy prior to handing the whole thing over to a doctor.

The problem of course, is my apparent inability to get it together enough to eat well or exercise. So frustrating.

I'm going to try again, of course and, I'll give myself a week. If I can't get it together myself or, if I can and the exhaustion is still as bad; I'll make an appointment with my GP.

In the meantime, I'll soldier on, one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment