Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Ass, My Ass, My Ass Is On Fire!

Yesterday went much better than Monday. I even managed to eat well, go me!

I downloaded a free Couch to 5K podcast for my iPod and, after listening to Week One, have determined that I was already kind of following this type of program all by myself the last time I ran only; I didn't give myself the entire eight weeks to build up to running the 5 kilometres which is no doubt why I injured my hip.

This time, I vowed to do it right so; I renewed my gym membership and hopped on the treadmill for what I planned to be an hour-long comfortable walk. Thirty minutes into my hour-long comfortable walk, I started running.

Will I never learn?

It's ok; I mostly followed the coaching on the podcast although, without actually listening to the podcast since I was so caught up in that crazy Lady Gaga and all her paparazzi nonsense.

Ahem.

Anyway, I ran the prescribed one minute sprints followed by ninety second recovery intervals for the next thirty minutes and it felt fine.

Today, despite a long stretching session and two hours in a hot bathtub last night, I am exhibiting some routine soreness. Nothing major and, I have a massage scheduled for later today, anyway.

Tomorrow, I will hit the treadmill again and this time, I will actually listen to the podcast although missing the pump-up styling of Lady G, enormously.

On the diet front, as I said; yesterday was a good day. I ate sugar free oatmeal sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon for breakfast, an apple for a snack, a healthy yet low-cal lunch and, when I started to notice that I was developing a slight headache later in the day while on my way to the dermatologist's office for a wallet raping mole removal; I ate one of my emergency pouches of applesauce that I keep in the car. Dinner was a large salad and protein-added pasta marinara that The Teenager cooked.

Today, I am off to a good start with another bowl of oatmeal and I have carefully planned the rest of my meals and snacks.

At this point I would love to smarm all over the place about getting back on track and taking control and all that jazz but, even I am aware that it is only day two and, two days does NOT a Goddess make.

But I shall carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment